Colorado’s crazy seasons can take a toll on your roof’s lifespan, so knowing when is the best time to replace your roof can be tricky. Simply, the best time of year to replace your roof is when it needs it. Putting off repairs now is likely to only cost you more time, money, and frustration down the line. That said, if you can help it, fall is generally considered the best time of year to repair or replace your roof.
Fall is the Best Time to Repair or Replace Your Roof in Colorado
Fall is usually the best time to replace your roof in Colorado because of less harsh weather conditions. The heat and hail of Colorado summers take a toll on your roof, making fall the perfect time to make sure your roof is in top condition to weather the winter and spring snow storms.
Some of the reasons why fall is the best time to replace your roof in Colorado:
- Your roofers won’t have to work in excessive heat or cold, which makes it easier for them to put more time into the job.
- The perfect amount of heat, humidity, and sunlight produce ideal conditions for shingles to adhere to your roof.
- Damage from summer storms can be assessed, and your roof can be in top condition for the heavy snowfalls of winter and spring ahead.
Be Proactive: Don’t Wait for a Winter Roof Emergency
As a homeowner or commercial property owner, a proactive roof maintenance plan is always in season.
When you wait until an emergency to replace your roof, more damage may have already been done. That could lead you to spend much more money on other repairs to your home in addition to a new roof.
Just because your old roof didn’t leak last year doesn’t mean it’s strong enough to face another winter; snowstorms can dump more snow than an aging roof can take.
With proper maintenance and annual inspections, the chances of needing an emergency repair are diminished, and you can go into the winter and spring months with the peace of mind knowing your roof is in good shape to handle the road ahead.
Roof Warning Signs to Look for in Fall
If your roof is showing signs of wear, you may want to consider replacing it. There are several warning signs that indicate the time has come for a new roof:
- Leaks. When rain, wind, and hail damage a roof, it can cause leaks, leading to even more property damage. Even small leaks should be inspected and assessed before they become big problems.
- Missing or damaged shingles. If shingles have been blown away or damaged by high winds or hail storms, you should get an inspection from a trusted roofing contractor so that they can assess any damage and recommend repair options if needed.
- Gutter granules. Check the downspouts and gutters to see if any shingle granules are present. If the gutters or drain pipes contain these granules, it’s likely caused by roof hail damage.
- Age of roof. Most roofs and roofing products last for 20-30 years, although it depends on various factors such as the quality of the existing roof, how it was installed. If your roof is getting up there in age, it may be time to start thinking about a replacement before it starts failing.
Get Started with Your Local Trusted Roofing Partner
No matter what the season is, the best time to get your roof replaced is as soon as it needs it.
We provide a free, comprehensive video inspection of your roof so that you can make the most informed decision about your roof needs. Because fall is such an ideal time for repairing roofs, we suggest giving us a call sooner rather than later to get on the schedule. We offer expert roof insurance claim assistance to walk you through each step of the process so that it is as stress-free as possible for you.